Austausch mit Maranacook High in Maine

Schoene Gruesse aus Maine - es geht uns ganz wunderbar: "Being in Maine is awesome! Nature is sooo beautiful. It is the place to be. Maine has a lot of forest areas and weird animals, such as turkeys, bears, porcupines and moose. The forests have a high biodiversity. All over the place you drive past large lakes. Maine has long roads and no public transport....

maine schoolbus Maine 13 Maine 16

The people are very open and friendly - I love it here. Everyone has got animals. For me Maine is typical America. Dunkin' Donuts is good in Maine. The foliage of fall which we call Indian Summer is so beautiful. Every day is another highlight."

A huge THANK YOU! to Checkpoint Charlie Stiftung who generously supported our time being with our partners.

Maine 8 Maine 10 Maine 12 Maine 7
Students drive to school by car Main entrance of the high school Entrance hall and front office P. Mo's computer lab
Maine 11 Maine 9 Maine 14 Maine 15
Praticing golf in the gym Band practice for homecoming Cafeteria Sports ground
Maine 6 Maine 2 Maine 3 Maine 1
Cookout at Castle Island Camps in Belgrad near Rome Homecoming football match - Maranacook won 42-0 Homecoming bonfire Freeport shopping at L.L.Beans
Maine 18 Maine 20 Maine 21 Maine 22
On the school bus to Portland Maine College of Art Our attentive students at MECA Art interpretation in the museum
Maine 19 Maine 4 Maine 5 Maine 17
At the Atlantic Yummy scallops straight from the coast of Maine Acadia National Park Hallowell neighboring the capital Augusta

Lesen Sie mehr über unseren New York Besuch in Larry's Programm.

Aus den Berichten der Schülerinnen und Schüler:
Die Menschen waren viel höflicher und netter als sie es hier in Deutschland sind, sehr gastfreundlich und offen. Ein Unterschied, den ich dort sehr bevorzugt habe: Die Lehrer und Schüler haben ein ganz anderes Verhältnis zueinander. Sie sind streng und doch auf einer freundschaftlichen Ebene. Der Unterricht ist dadurch um einiges entspannter.
Ein Problem in Maine waren die Verkehrsmittel. Denn außer dem Schulbus und Autos gab es nichts. Somit sind Jugendliche, bis sie ein eigenes Auto haben, also meistens bis 16, sehr stark auf ihre Eltern angewiesen.
Mein Englisch hat sich in der Zeit auch verflüssigt und ich habe begonnen im Englischen zu denken. Das war beeindruckend, vor allem weil ich auch nicht mehr den Reiz hatte mit den deutschen Schülern auf Deutsch zu reden. Alle haben sich auf die englische Sprache eingelassen und nur noch mit ihr gesprochen, man wollte
ja auch, dass jeder einen verstehen konnte und keine Sprachbarriere entsteht.
My host family is an eco family, meaning that every vegetable they had was either from their garden or from their neighbours. Diary products, meat and eggs were also from neighbours or organic. It was very interesting living with a family that gets everything they need from their nearby surroundings.
At Maranacook they also have a wide variety of classes like agriculture class, pe class, year-book class and craftsmanship besides the normal ones.
One day my host family took me to their boat which was just around 100 meter away from their house and took me out on their lake which is very big with a lot of Islands on it. But they said that it was an even small lake for Maine. They told me that they normally spend like the whole of their summer on their boat on the lake.

Mount Piscort ist bekannt für seine atemberaubende Aussicht über Maine und deshalb hat sich die 40 minütige Wanderung auch vollkommen gelohnt. Die Aussicht vom Turm war unglaublich schön und das Wetter war auch optimal. Es war beeindruckend wie viel Weite und Natur man vor sich hatte, Wald, Wasser, Weiden.
Das Beste waren tatsächlich die Amerikaner selbst. Man hatte immer das Gefühl von netten Leuten umgeben zu sein. Ich bin mir nicht sicher, ob es daran lag, dass ich ein Gastschüler war, aber ich wurde immer mit einem Lächeln empfangen.
Zac allowed us all to steer the boat. After that we went to a cliff on which a tree grew. There was a rope tied to the tree, from which we all jumped into the water. We all went in, even though it was very cold. We did that quite a long time, until the rope tangled into the tree and we couldn’t fix it.
After we had arrived in Boston we ate breakfast at a huge foodmarket. After that we had enough energy to go  shopping. We went to many shops, even to the most important store "Victoria Secret".
Die Aktivitäten nach der Schule sind anders als in Berlin. Einige haben in der Schule noch Football, Hockey oder Fußballtraining, andere treffen sich zum Lernen oder einfach so.

002 003 004 NY001

Before we went up the Word Trade Center we visited the World Trade Center Memorial which is basically two giant holes. They should show where the twin towers stood before they were destroyed. Inside the holes there were tiny cascades and at the edges there were the names carved in for the people who died there.
Ich erinnere mich daran, wie ich stundenlang das tief unter mir liegende Gewusel auf den Straßen Manhattans betrachtete, mich der unglaublichen Magie des Sonnenuntergangs im Dunst des Hudson Rivers und dem Funkeln des zur Nacht erwachenden Häusermeers hingab. Trotz der vielen Besucher war es ruhig an diesem der Wirklichkeit entrückten Ort.

Kontakt

Wilma-Rudolph-Oberschule
Am Hegewinkel 2a
14169 Berlin

Tel: (030) 90299-6464/-6794
Fax: (030) 90299-6766
E-Mail:

Anmeldung

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.